The mission of the Laredo Chamber of Commerce is to provide vision and leadership to develop, encourage, promote and protect the business, tourism, industry and educational interests of the Laredo metropolitan area; to encourage the orderly development of resources, people, and infrastructure of the area: and to be a politically proactive force to ensure the success of the Laredo metropolitan area.
Dimmit County is a small community located in southwestern Texas which consists of five small towns: Asherton, Big Wells, Brundage, Carrizo Springs, and Catarina. According to the 2000 Census Asherton has a population of 1342, Big Wells population is 704 and Carrizo Springs’ population was 5655. Carrizo Springs is the county seat of dimmit county.
The Cotulla-La Salle County Chamber of Commerce was created to improve the quality of life in the area by promoting economic development, providing a healthy business environment, and promoting programs of a civic, social, and cultural nature.
Nestled in the rolling plains south of San Antonio, Pearsall was the prehistoric home of a band of Coahuittecans known as the Pachal. These hunter-gatherers left us few archeological remains of their harsh subsistence lifestyle.
Zapata, Texas is located at the intersection of US State Hwy 83 and State Hwy 16, along the Rio Grande River in the southern tip of Texas. The nearest Interstate Hwy (IH-35) is located 50 miles north of US Hwy 83, at the southern terminus of I-35 in Laredo. Just across the Rio Grande from Zapata is the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
In this regard, the Hebbronville Chamber of Commerce is a resource for the community through promoting partnerships, resources, and support for economic opportunities in Jim Hogg County. The Hebbronville Chamber of Commerce delivers a wide variety of services to its members and the business community during the year
Three Rivers traces its beginnings to July 4, 1913 with a grand opening and first sale of land by Charles R. Tips. Tips, a University of Texas graduate and employee of the First National Bank of Seguin, came to the Brush Country at the urging of Mrs. Annie Hamilton of Cuero. Mrs. Hamilton owned a tract of land where Three Rivers now sits.