We began as a small survey company and have grown into a multi-disciplined firm offering various engineering and surveying services. These include Residential and Commercial Development, Geoscience services with an on-site laboratory, and Surveying. Our in house HSE department attests to the Safety First commitment.
We have over 100 employees located in three Texas cities; Laredo, San Antonio & Houston. Howland Engineering & Surveying Co., Inc. is comprised of a diverse team of highly skilled and certified professionals that include:
- Professional Engineers (PE)
- Registered Professional Land Surveyors (RPLS)
- Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM)
- Certified Construction Materials Testing Technicians (CMT)
- Safety Professionals
Howland Engineering & Surveying Co. Inc., established in 1922, started out surveying for the Oil & Gas Industry and has grown to include Professional Civil Engineering, Geoscience Testing and Foundation services today. Our focus has always been “getting the work done” and this remains our approach to providing efficient and quality service today’s fast-paced environment. Our geographic knowledge and databases are unsurpassed with historical survey facts dating back to the 1890’s. This valuable database allows our team ready access to pertinent information about the territory in turn providing a detailed and accurate product for clients.
We are committed to efficiently providing our clients with timely and accurate products while staying within budgets. Our goal is to provide service and answers. Communication is key for project management and we make being available to our clients a priority. Making the choice to use Howland gives clients a way to get multiple components of any project finished by using one complete team. We are working for you.
The Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE) department at Howland offers full time dedication to being SAFE while working. Regularly scheduled safety meetings that are mandatory provide for training and auditing of field employees. Our membership in various contractor management systems, including ISNetworld , provides clients with a window into our policies and procedures.
- Texas Board of Professional Engineers
- Texas Board of Professional Land Surveyors
- Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
- SCTRCA Certified Hispanic American Business Enterprise (HABE)
- SCTRCA Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- SCTRCA Certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- TxDOT Pre-Certified Firm: Surveying